Raising NCC in an educational institution
1. As a result of the advantages offered by having NCC in their institutions, there is great demand for it, from most of the institutions with a vision, as it automatically enhances their image as also automatically instilling into its curriculum a certain level of inherent discipline. Hence a stream-lined procedure exists, for providing NCC to educational institutions. All the colleges and schools who desire to open NCC Coys/ troops in their premises may contact the nearest NCC Unit Commander for necessary assistance in this regard.
2. For raising of NCC in an institution, the desirous institution has to fulfill certain pre-requisite conditions. The institution has to apply formally on the prescribed format to its concerned nearest NCC Unit. It should fulfill all the requisite pre-conditions such as provision of Associate NCC Officer (Lecturer), parade ground, storeroom, firing range, etc. After scrutiny of the application, the institution is placed on waiting list. Institutions are allotted NCC on availability of cadet strength. The allotment of NCC is made strictly as per the seniority of the waiting list.
3. The sequential actions to be taken, at various levels, for raising of NCC sub- units are given in the succeeding paragraphs.
4. Action by the institution
(a) Institution applies on the prescribed format to the CO of nearest NCC
(b) In case of Private/Self Financing institutions, concurrence at Ser 16 of
the application form endorsed by the Sponsor / Head of the institution to
bear the financial implications is required.
(c) Institution should fulfill the following requisite pre-conditions :-
(i) Availability of students for full enrolment.
(ii) Availability of eligible teacher to be appointed as
Associate NCC Officer.
(iii) Availability of parade ground, storeroom for NCC etc.
(iv) Short Range for firing.
(v) Undertaking to supplement financial resources(in case of
Govt. aided institutions).Private institutions are required
to bear entire expenditure on NCC activities in their institutions.
5. Action at Units and Group HQ
(b) Examine the feasibility of new raising of NCC in the institution
(c) On fulfillment of the conditions, the institution is put on waiting list
(d) The application, duly recommended, is then forwarded to Gp HQ for
necessary action and onward submission to the State NCC Dte.
6. Action by State NCC Directorate.
(a) The application is duly vetted at State NCC Directorate.
(b) Check availability of the cadet strength.
(c) On availability of cadet strength, forwards the application of eligible
institution, as per the seniority of the waiting list, to the State Govt.
to obtain commitment for bearing their share of the financial implications
by the competent authority of the State Govt.
(d) Simultaneously, forwards one copy of application to NCC HQ to obtain approval of DG NCC.
7. Action at NCC HQ
(a) Check the application on the basis of eligibility conditions viz., waiting
list seniority, availability of cadet strength, financial commitment for bearing
State Govt. / sponsor share.
(b) In case of the State Govt. aided institutions, non receipt of the reply of
the State Govt. within 30 days for withdrawal/re-allotment of NCC sub unit
from one institution to another one, it is presumed that the State Govt. has
no objection to the proposal of the withdrawal/ re allotment and NCC HQ
accords sanction accordingly.
(c) In case of new raising of NCC sub unit, formal receipt of commitment
of State Govt. as endorsement on para 16 is mandatory.
(d) In case of the self financing institutions or the institutions sponsored
by agencies other than the State Govt.’s (like Kendriya Vidyalayas, Jawahar
Navodaya Vidyalayas, Military Schools etc) the endorsement of the Head of
the institution(in case of the self financing ones) or the sponsor is
required at para 16 of the application for the financial commitment.
(e) On being found eligible, the institution is accorded sanction for
raising NCC and communicates to the State NCC Dte. After that the
raising process of NCC sub unit starts by the respective NCC Unit and
(f) The State Govt./sponsors /institutional (in case of Self-Financing ) has
to bear the expenditure involved for raising of the NCC Sub Units.